Thursday, April 24, 2014

Splattered Nails!

Well, I tried my hand at splatter nails!

Boy that was something! I started of with my basics, filing my nails, cuticle oil, pushing back my cuticles and all that good stuff. After I was finished with my basics, including base coat, I added my white base; Sinful Colors' Snow Me White. I just did one coat of it since I was going to be putting other colors on top of that. I used three colors for my splatter effect. These are: Funky Fingers 'Sugar Plum Fairy', Essence 'That's What I Mint!' And Sally Hansen 'Celeb City'.

I thought this was going to be easy.. I was wrong. Lol.

After I added my white base, I grabbed som Elmer's glue and just applied some around my nails and then put some tape a bit higher above my nails so I won't splatter so much on my skin.

Sinful Colors Professional-Snow Me White


Then, the splatter began!

I used regular size straws to dip and blow the polish. After all my blows, this is what my nails looked like...............
Nice huh!? lol. Think I can rock this look??! 
Oh, I had removed the tape already.
Just left the glue. 

Pretty messy huh?? Yup. It took me close to three movies to finish this. And that's not adding a top coat... :-/. I watched Easy A and Home Alone 1 and part of Home Alone 2. So yea.... Make sure your schedule is clear for that day if you do decide to do these. Luckily it was my day off! So, let me show you the FINAL look!! 
Tada!!!!!

I added a coat of China Glaze 'Fairy Dust' and look at that sparkle!!!! 
Don't you just love sparkles??? I do!!!

Well ladies, this mani was interesting to do. Next time I'll use the coffee straws though because my splatters are too big. So what do you think of the overall mani?? 

Thank you ladies, 

Until next mani!

-Xochilt 



No comments:

Post a Comment