Saturday, April 5, 2014

Have you tried Indie polish?

There are some of you, like me, who were in the dark. I had no idea that there were extremely talented ladies creating their own polishes until this year!

I'm still new with this whole nail community. I started my IG account on the first or second week of January 2014. I've always done my nails and always tried to keep them pretty, but lately it's become more of an obsession. Lol. I don't mind it.

But anyway, when I saw all these ladies creating all these gorgeous polish my jaw dropped! Some of you may not know what "indie polish" is. Let me shed some light.... Indie comes from the term "independent". So what it all means is that these ladies work from home, on their own time, with no sponsorships or big machinery to help them. They make everything by hand. Yes, by hand. They mix their colors by hand, add glitter by hand, pour the polish into the bottle by hand, label the bottles, add the brush and caps all by hand. So that's why they are called Indie Polish. They are made with love! That's what makes Indie makers special and different from other store brand polishes; the touch of love they add.

These ladies don't make polishes because of the money. They make them because they are passionate about it. They love sharing their creativity with us polish lovers. They take their time creating and coming up with gorgeous polishes. I have so much respect for all of them. I know there are sooo many talented ladies out there, so if you want to check them out, search hashtag indiemaker or even indiepolish and you will find many wonderful ladies! Don't forget to follow them!

With that said, so far the couple of polishes from one indie maker I have tried, Sincerely Polish, are amazing!! I'm still trying to get to some other ladies, but it takes time and there are so many. If it were up to me, I'll buy them all, but I don't think my bank account would appreciate it. Lol. So, little by little I will start my big indie collection. ;-) But, anyway, give it a try. I promise you that you will love them!

A lot of these ladies can be found in Instagram.

I will be doing swatches of all these polishes. I have already done some, so I will come back here and add those pictures and tell you more about them. Don't forget to stop by again!

Thank you!

Xochilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment