Friday, May 23, 2014

Sharpie Neon Design


So the other day I bought these really cool neon sharpies! I don't really use sharpies that much, but I thought these were cool for some nail art! I got these at K-Mart.



They come in a pack of 4 which brings neon green, pink, orange and yellow. The colors are great! They are also fine point markers so that's a plus!

Now, I decided to create a design on my nails. The ideas were endless which made it more difficult for me to choose one... So I came up with this:


I love how the colors pop with the white. I've prepared a little tutorial on how to do these so here it is:

You will need a white base, or maybe even black. I used Snow Me White by Sinful Colors Professional. I applied two coats and sealed it with my HK Girl top coat by Glisten And Glow.

After your top coat is dry, start creating the designs. You can start with any color you like. I started with the neon yellow, followed by the pink, green and finally orange.







After I was done with my designs, which I decided to do on my ring, middle and pointer fingers, I added tiny dots on my pinky and thumb using all colors. 

Now, once you're done doing designs on your nails, the next logical step would be to seal it with your favorite top coat. But, since we are using sharpies, using a top coat will melt the color and it will make it look faded. Trust me, I tried! Lol

Here's a picture to show you the difference between top coat vs no top coat. Wonder if you can tell which one is which!
See?

Now time for a video tutorial! 



I hope you guys like this look. I'm not in love with it, but it still looks cool under the black light! Maybe I'll try doing a different design sometime. :-) 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget I have a giveaway going on which ends tomorrow Saturday 24th at 5pm EST. 


No comments:

Post a Comment